Monday, January 21, 2008

Elizabeth Choy

Elizabeth Choy is a brave war heroine who refused to give in to the evil soldiers. She survived electrocution, beatings and punishments in jail, where she shared her cell with twenty other men. If I were her, I think I would have given the information, especially when I know that I would be electrocuted if I don't.

When she was released, she did not give the identity of the soldier who tortured her. Now......that's weird. When I am let out of a jail where I survived a hundred beatings and an electrocution, I would be yelling the name of the people who tortured me out in the streets. She is soooo forgiving and kind. I bet the dirty little soldier who tortured her got away, giggling to himself happily.

She received many medals for her efforts and is now remembered as a truly inspiring figure. We can learn from her that we should stay strong even in the most difficult and desperate (Why do words to describe sadness and depression always start with a 'd'? Death, darkness, die, dead, etc.) situation.
I bet Elizabeth Choy went to heaven......

No comments: